Memorial Day Weekend is right around the corner which means summer is officially here!
Whether you're planning to barbecue with family, hang by the pool or not leave your couch, make sure you have a healthy supply of Stepladder cheese for your long weekend plans.
Ragged Point is a small format bloomy rind triple crème cow’s milk cheese named for the gateway to Big Sur just North of our farmstead. The paste stays firm as the cheese matures, and does not become overly soft. As Ragged Point ages past four weeks, it takes on a peppery character and a distinct cream line underneath the rind forms.
The creamy flavors of the cheese mixed with the fresh apple and walnut crunch are delicious in this melty sandwich!
Yield: 2 Sandwiches
- 1 Stepladder Creamery Ragged Point cheese (rind and all!)
- 4 slices artisan bread, any variety
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 small apple, diced (we suggest Honey Crisp or Golden Delicious)
- 2 oz. glazed walnuts, chopped (~½ cup)
- 2 Tbsp honey, preferably Stepladder Ranch Avocado Blossom Honey
- Cut the Ragged Point in half through the middle, into two half-moon pieces, then cut each half into 4 thin half-moon slices
- Butter each slice of bread and lay two with butter side down
- Top each of the two bread slices with 4 slices of Ragged Point
- Evenly distribute diced apples and chopped glazed walnuts over Ragged Point and press lightly into cheese
- Drizzle honey on top of apples and walnuts and top each sandwich with second slice of bread, buttered side up
- Place on skillet, cover, and grill until golden brown
- Carefully flip sandwiches and continue to grill, uncovered until the second side is golden brown
Have a favorite recipe using Stepladder cheese? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the recipe, photos and anything else for a chance to be featured on our blog!