Typically, cheese is paired with charcuterie board favorites like dried meats, fruits, nuts and crackers. This Halloween, grab some candy and enjoy with Stepladder cheese for the ultimate salty and sweet snack.
We asked the Stepladder Creamery owners and crew members for their suggestions. Here are a few of our favorite pairings:
Reeses Peanut Butter Cups with Ragged Point (Idea: Make it a sando!)
"Spread a little of the creamy inside of Ragged Point in between two peanut butter cups for an amazing flavor explosion." - Robin
Hersey's Chocolate Bar (Or a Spicy Cacao Bar) with Cabrillo
"The saltiness of this hard cheese pairs nicely with a classic bar of chocolate or something with a little heat to it." - Ryan
Buy Cabrillo is 4 and 8 oz. sizes online.
Kit Kat with Fromage Blanc
"Crackers are overrated for a Halloween-themed cheeseboard! The crunch and hint of salt from the Kit Kat makes for easy dipping into the container of original Fromage Blanc." - Michelle
Caramel Apple with Ragged Point (or any cheese, really!)
"Crisp apples are one of our favorite year-round pairings for Ragged Point and Big Sur triple crème cheeses. The addition of caramel sauce gives it a festival, fall feel with added flavor and sweetness that brings out the creaminess of the cheese." - Jack
Build the Ultimate Halloween Cheeseboard
- Pick a fall-themed serving platter, cutting board or get creative with a fake tombstone or something else spooky.
- Select an assortment of mini bowls for soft cheeses, tiny candies, popcorn, etc.
- Arrange your cheeseboard with ideal pairings close together for easy eating access. For example, we like to pair Ragged Point with peanut butter cups and caramel apples, so group them all closely together so people can try one or the other (or both). Pre-cut Ragged Point into small wedges for less mess and easier on yourself and guests.
- Cut hard cheeses into wedges to showcase the rind (which is edible) and lay flat in fun designs throughout your platter or stack on top of each other.
- Fill in gaps with crackers, meat, fruit, other candies or more of your favorite cheeses.
- Edible and non-edible garnishes can also be added such as plastic spiders, cobwebs, mini pumpkins, Mum flowers and so much more. The possibilities for a spooky Halloween cheeseboard are endless!
Shop all our cheeses online to build your Halloween cheeseboard and try your favorite candy and cheese pairings.
Have a favorite? Post a photo on Instagram or Facebook (and tag us) and we will add it to our blog!