Joining our quarterly cheese club is the perfect way to have a healthy supply of fresh, seasonal cheese all year long. We're getting ready to ship our May 2021 shipment which includes Iberico (club-exclusive release), fresh Chèvre, Big Sur and Moonstone.
Learn more about our quarterly cheese club here.
Tempt your tastebuds with this delicious Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Peppers recipe from our cheesemaker, Robin featuring our Moonstone cheese, available in the May club shipment and for sale on our webstore.
Moonstone is our natural rind, hard cow’s milk cheese. Made from a 50/50 blend of Jersey and Holstein milk from a local dairy, it has a rich, buttery and creamy flavor with a bit of zip at the end. Moonstone has a naturally pale yellow paste and a rind developed with our natural cave flora. The flavor is reminiscent of stone, burnt caramel and coffee grounds.
- 4-6 Anaheim Peppers, depending on size
- 4oz Moonstone Cheese, Grated
- 4oz Cream Cheese, Room Temp
- 2 Green Onions, Finely Chopped
- ¼ tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1lb Mild Bulk Ground Pork Sausage
- 8 Slices of Bacon
- Take out your cream cheese and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- While heating the water, cut a slit down the length of each pepper. And using a small spoon scrape out the seeds and ribs of the peppers.
- In a bowl mix together the Cream Cheese, granulated garlic. Then fold in the grated Moonstone and finely chopped Green Onion.
- Once the pot is at a boil, boil the prepared peppers for 2 minutes. Then place the peppers in a bowl of ice water to stop them from overcooking.
- Gently Shake and towel the peppers dry, making sure the inside of the pepper is dry as well. Then stuff with the cheese mixture.
- Divide the ground sausage in an equal amount for each pepper and wrap the sausage around each pepper.
- Then wrap each sausage-covered pepper in one to two slices of bacon for complete coverage and toothpick in place.
- Peppers can be refrigerated overnight at this point or grilled right away.
- Preheat your grill to 400F.
- Place prepared Armadillo eggs over direct heat and grill for 15-25 minutes until bacon is crispy and the sausage is cooked completely through.
- Serve Hot and Enjoy.
Photo by Uriel Mont