It's easy to say that Stepladder LOVES pizza! Over the years we have tried all sorts of combinations of crust, tomato sauces, toppings, and cheese of course! This is more suggested pairings and favorites. A recipe for a pizza party!
Any store bought crust will always pair wonderfully with our cheese. For a quick and easy crust some of our go to’s are: Trader Joes, Bob’s Red Mill Pizza Crust (mix), & Jiffy Pizza Crust (Mix)
Our new favorite:
We also love a good long fermented sourdough pizza crust! While there are many recipes out there that make wonderful crusts, we have recently discovered a really good one from a local baker up in San Francisco. We highly recommend the Josey Baker Stovetop then broiler pizza dough recipe - or as Josey calls it “The Raddest Homemade Pizza The World Has Ever Known” starting on page 149 from his cookbook Josey Baker Bread. It is crispy, light, and holds up well to cheesy toppings!
Shop individual cheeses online.
We like to use a very basic sauce and add just a few spoonfuls onto the crust. But it's the chef's choice!
Lightly blend: canned whole tomatoes, a tablespoon of olive oil, and a pinch of salt to taste
We typically have all sorts of toppings and different cheeses and like to have our friends and family come up with different combinations. Making it fun and interactive! Below are some of our favorite from over the years.
Suggested cheese & toppings pairings:
- Shredded LumberJack, kalamata olives and pepperoni
- Shredded Moonstone, capers, anchovies, and squeeze of lemon juice (Jack’s favorite)
- Shredded LumberJack, Moonstone, bacon, and pickled jalapeños (Michelle’s favorite!)
- Plain Fromage Blanc and sun-dried tomatoes
- Shredded Cabrillo, prosciutto, and arugula
- Shredded Moonstone and Italian sausage
- Shredded Paso Vino, fresh basil, and thinly sliced jalapeños
- Cheese please: Combine all cheeses and sprinkle with dried herbs
- Spicy Fromage Blanc, basil, and sun gold tomatoes
- Chopped Ragged Point, prosciutto, & whole walnuts
Shop individual cheese available online.