Like peanut butter and jelly or chips and salsa, wine and cheese just go together. It just makes sense.
For whatever occasion we're celebrating - National Wine & Cheese Day, someone special's birthday, Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, or just because it's the weekend - we wanted to provide some simple pairing suggestions featuring a handful of our cheeses!
- Chèvre with a crisp white wine like Pino Grigio
- Everything Bagel Fromage Blanc with a bottle of Bubbles for brunch
- Big Sur with something sparkling and crusty bread
- Ragged Point with Rosé
- Moonstone with Pinot Noir
- Cabrillo with Mourvedre or Syrah
- Rocky Butte with a full-bodied red like Cab-Sauv
- For beer fans try pairing LumberJack with something light like a lager or pilsner
Cheese Spotlight: Paso Vino
Our Paso Vino cheese is the true marriage of wine and cheese and is soaked in a bath of a local, aromatic Syrah after pressing and before aging.
We've partnered with a local Central Coast winery, Austin Hope, to create a full-bodied, inky wine specifically crafted for cheese making. What makes this collaboration even more special to us is our cheesemaker, Robin’s wife, Samantha, is their assistant winemaker!
This delicious Spanish-style cow's milk cheese is our smallest format hard cheese. Buy online or find our cheese at a local retailer or farmer's market.
Have a favorite pairing? Tag us on Facebook or Instagram @StepladderCreamery or #StepladderCreamery so we can see your photos.