Cabrillo Reserve is an extra-aged version of our year-round favorite cheese, Cabrillo. This cheese made its debut in a previous Cheese Club shipment as the special-release cheese. It was so popular with Club members as well as our creamery team, we decided to continue making the cheese in small batches.
- Blend of goat's and cow's milk
- Vegetarian rennet
- Salt and cultures
- Aged for over 12 months (over 3x longer than Cabrillo!)
- Salty, nutty flavors
- Hard, gritty textures from the aging process
- As more lactose breaks down with aging, it sharpens the cheese with a higher lactic acid content
- Cut into wedges on a cheeseboard
- Shaved in salads or shredded on burrito bowls
- Pairs well with white wines, Spanish-style red wines and light beers
- Limited release
- 8oz wedge
We received the Best of California and Gold in the mixed milk cheese category at the 2023 California State Fair cheese competition for this cheese!