Stepladder Creamery co-owner, Michelle, is an amazing cook, using farm-grown fruits and vegetables as often as possible.
Here's her recipe for a summer salad using farm-fresh veggies and our very-limited Curried Fromage Blanc.
Curried Fromage Blanc uses our fresh cow's milk Fromage Blanc cheese as the base with added curry spices from Oaktown Spice Shop.
- Stepladder Creameries Curried Fromage Blanc (if you are unable to get this, try making your own using our original Fromage Blanc and adding your favorite curry spices)
- 2 cucumbers thinly sliced
- 2 heirloom tomatoes roughly chopped
- 2 cups of arugula (or any fresh greens chopped into bite sizes)
- 1/4 Cup Evoo
- 1/ 8 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
2 cloves minced garlic
A few pinches of flaky salt for finish 3-4 tbs chopped parsley
Whisk all the vinaigrette ingredients together. Arrange cucumbers, and tomatoes on top of a bed of arugula. Drizzle vinaigrette over the vegetables. Crumble at least 3 oz (or more if you want it cheesier) of Stepladder Creamery's Curried Fromage on top! Garnish with chopped parsley and flaky salt to taste.
The Curried Fromage Blanc cheese is only available in the November Cheese Club shipment along with Big Sur, Cabrillo and 2-Year Aged Cow Cheddar. Not a member? Sign up today to receive the November shipment and get your hands on Curried Fromage Blanc!
Did you make this recipe at home using your own variation of cheese? Post a photo on Facebook or Instagram or leave a comment below. We'd love to see how you recreate these recipes at home!